Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidare electric stove Model number PLEFMZ99GCD

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare electric stove Model number PLEFMZ99GCD and the oven stopped working. I deduced that it was the broiler, which it was. However, after connecting it, it short circuited. Not I have an F30 code. The stove works fine. But each time I turn on the oven, it displays the code and won't heat up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So to start, let me explain this error code. F30 means that the temp sensor is reading incorrectly but it's rarely the sensors problem unfortunately. These Frigidaire units are well known for the error coming up due to the display control board just not reading the sensor correctly. If you have a multimeter you can remove the oven sensor mounted to the back wall inside the oven near the top and test resistance through the sensor. The sensor should be 1080 ohms at room temperature and if not then replace it. If it checks good then unfortunately, the only fix is to replace the display control board to correct the issue and the part is about $200.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.