Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

After a power surge the freezer temp resets to 36 and the

Customer Question

After a power surge the freezer temp resets to 36 and the food side resets to 48 on its own. No matter what I set it at it changes back after 5-10 secs
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frigidaire FSC237DB1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction Model # *****
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

What is the actual temperature in the Freezer and in the fresh food sections?

If it is the 36 and 48 then that is normal .

When you set a temperature it will the default to the actual temperatures then slowly raise or lower to the preset temperature.

If the actual temp is different then the 38 /48 temps the power surge could have damaged the electronic control board.

So you may be able to reboot the electronic control ,by unplugging the unit for MORE then 5 minutes then plug it back in.

If the reboot does not do the trick let me know .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugging the frig was the first thing I did, as in most electronics problems, and it did not help. And the temperature does not lower or adjust. It stays the same as stated. I know it is the main control or the capacitor thermostat. I need to know which of the two it is. Sounds to me like you're just taking guesses and don't really know. And to say that 36 is a normal freezer temperature is really a pretty ignorant thing to say. It doesn't seem like you know any more than I do. And from your normal freezer temp comment maybe less. Total waste of money. Will never use this service again.

No what I said was if the temperature was reverting back to the actual temperature after you change a temperature THAT IS WHET is NORMAL.

And there is no such part as a Capacitor thermostat !

So since you want to get nasty with some one that is trying to help you .I will just opt out and see if some one else assist you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the main control is faulty, number 50 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE