John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a whirlpool 465 gas range. i wanted to clean the

Customer Question

we have a whirlpool 465 gas range. i wanted to clean the oven and when i started the cleaning cycle, it appeared to start as usual, then flashed a code " FSE1 or F5E1" and gave an alarm sound until I turned it off.
What should or can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

will the oven work in normal mode for bake still?

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. The code is F5 E1 and it indicates a problem with the door latch assembly. One of the switches is stuck closed or won't open. You cann turn off the breaker for a few minutes but if the code comes back you will need to check the switches. Unless they are just stuck or jammed with insulation etc. they will need to be replaced. If you provide the model number I can give the part number.