Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My kenmore elite refridgerator 106.5 freezer is not staying

Customer Question

My kenmore elite refridgerator 106.5 freezer is not staying freezing. Its cold but everything is slowly melting. The middle divider between the freezer and fridge is burning hot to the touch.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan by the compressor is not running. Pull the refrigerator out and remove the cover from the bottom area in the back. There is a fan that needs to run to cool the compressor. If you cannot get it running, place a small fan to blow down there or shut the refrigerator off until it can be replaced or you will damage the compressor.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We will try your solution tomorrow and follow up with results or more questions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!