John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Whirlpool refrigerator all of a sudden started running

Customer Question

My Whirlpool refrigerator all of a sudden started running noisy and seems to run a lot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

How loud is it and where is the noise coming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louder than normal and gets louder when I open the bottom freezer door, and is running a lot more than normal. I removed the base grille and vaccumed it out all I could reach. there was a lot of fuzz in there. No help.

Well it may be coming from the fan in the freezer. Could you take a video of the noise and upload it here. These are always hard to say 100% without seeing it or being on site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do my best. It says file is to large to send. I guess I will give up on this. and tear it apart muself. I would like to cancel any obligation I have with you , and prefer not to see any charges....Thanks Richard
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

I think I can assist you!