Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LG DLEY1201v dryer. The power comes on but when I

Customer Question

I have an LG DLEY1201v dryer. The power comes on but when I try to start a cycle to dry the dryer will not turn on. Can anyone help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does it beep or do anything when you press Start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It beeps once

If you open the door and press start does it still beep twice the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The beep when I press start sounds like the beep when it usually starts, then clicks but doesn't start. The double beep is when the door is open

Ok if it clicks and then does not start you need to remove the front cover on the unit and see if the thermal limit on the burner housing is tripped can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can ... I will do that now

OK get at the one on the bottom of the heater housing and press the small black reset button if it clicks it should run again.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the front panel ... Not the top, correct?

Yes but you have to to take off the top panel and the control panel to get the front panel off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We can do this but ... It's 9:30 pm and starting a big task like this isn't the best idea after a long day. Would this entail taking the drum out too?

No just the top and front panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. We are doing that

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still working on it ... Some of the screws are tough to budge

Yes here is a video to help

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That a different model and ours seems to have 2 parts to the top panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ... Got it!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front panel is off

OK make sure the unit is unplugged and get a flashlight, look at the bottom of the heater you will see a round black thermal link with a button in the middle press it in.