RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

My outdoor vent stove is so loud when southern wind picks up

Customer Question

My outdoor vent for Viking stove is so loud when southern wind picks up I can't even hear myself think!!!! How do I temporarily turn off the wind noise coming inside the kitchen until I use stove next time ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

You may be able to install a spring loaded back-draft damper that would solve the issue, the only other option would be to block the vent when not in use with a shield or the method you are using now. I might contact all viking parts and see what options are available to you, they have a great customer support desk and should be able to help. Make sure you get the model number if you call in. Click HERE for the contact info, hope this helps some.... Robert