Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Lg refer modelrf263aebp/xaa error code er/pw replaced power

Customer Question

lg refer modelrf263aebp/xaa error code er/pw replaced power supply board cant reset diplay board
Category: Appliance
Expert:  dimmusacio replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is the exact and entire error? If you see a flashing light pattern, what is that pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
er/pw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
er/pw this is LG not samsung
Expert:  dimmusacio replied 1 year ago.

LG TV's have flash codes as well. There should be more to the error, is that all that shows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a refrigerator and yes thats all the error code, display is on top and call a tabletop board not on dispenser board
Expert:  dimmusacio replied 1 year ago.

Ok that explains a lot I will opt out and have this moved for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need a refer tech I gave model number for a refrigerator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is unacceptable ,long wait, wrong industry. Sorry I'm not paying
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That model number is ***** Samsung model. If you have an LG product, the error ER PW is not a valid error code. Can you please post the correct model number for your LG refrigerator? LG error codes may be seen at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
samsung
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a refer call need aplliance guy
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok the error code of ER/pw is a power failure when you replaced the board did you have the unit unplugged or did you leave it plugged in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I un plugged unit always when replacing brds forgot to mention I also replaced table brd [display] and customer said had lighting at the time of outage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no live phone calls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whip are you working on the problem? This has happen to me twice before where I got dropped. Please let me know whats going on thanks Michael

sorry Michael for some reason your replies where not coming back to me .

Ok so you unplugged the unit.

did you use a static strap or discharge the static in your body before touching any of the new boards?

And have you tested the outlet to verify it is properly polarized and grounded?

And if you received a phone request it was not from me it was generated through Just answer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whip outlet is polarized get pass the basic stuff please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlet is polarized get pass the basic stuff please . I was waiting an hour already

Ok!1 so you have replaced the power supply board and the display board have you done anything with the main control board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i meant i replaced I replaced the main control brd but yes there is another brd above

ok so you replaced the main control and the display control boards and your still getting the er pw (power failure) error code.

I have to assume that the issue is in the power noise filter control board it is what filters out noise on the electrical line nad supplies the voltage to the unit/control boards ,

And since the main control board thinks it is not getting the correct voltage .

I recommend replacing the power supply noise filter.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Noise-Filter/DA2700019D/2002692?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try that thank you but you sure took awhile

I`m sorry I have no control over Just Answers system .

I answered your replies as soon as I got them .

I work from my own business I do not work in a Just Answer office.