Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a LG dlgx3371v gas dryer. The dryer fires up fine the

Customer Question

I have a LG dlgx3371v gas dryer. The dryer fires up fine the first time it is turned on but fails to heat after that initial first time. I replaced the igniter even though it tested ok and also tested all the other sensors and the tested as working properly. I have tried repeatedly to figure out why it wont heat up after that first time. It tumbles properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the gas valve solenoid are just getting weak which is why the the valve will open in the beginning and not open later. The coil will test good, but this is a very common problem with gas dryers in general so you just need to replace the gas valve assembly to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I suspected that it was the valve. Can the solenoid be replaced or do you have to buy the whole assembly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately on LG, the solenoids can't be replaced separately, they are only sold as the entire valve assembly I'm sorry to say. LG is one of the few manufactures that builds their units this way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it that's what I figured. Just ordered the assembly. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.