Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our Ariston washing machine is 5 years old and this morning

Customer Question

Our Ariston washing machine is 5 years old and this morning it is showing - Attention your machine is blocked. I switch it off and it comes on O.K. again, washes again and then stops and says the same again. Is there anything I can do to unlock the machine and get the clothes out or is this something for a technician to deal with. I am going away today and need to get the clothes out, but doesn't seem possible. Anyone in the Ferny Grove area or surrounding suburbs that service these types of washing machines? Thanking you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

That means there is something blocked in the pump you would have to get the water out of the unit by trying to suck the water out of the drain hose with a shop vac, then the door should unlock and it should open. If this is not something you can do you may need a tech to check it out. I do not see anyone in your immediate area that works on those machines though.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** (Elizabeth Carseldine) and you are the technician on the job I thought was a free trail. I thought this was a once off service and did not realize that I had to sign up for a monthly service. I am a pensioner and cannot possibly afford this service and so I ask that this to discontinue and I will ring my bank to not accept the credit card payment or could you please cancel it. I am hugely disappointed as I thought this was an excellent service for people like myself. Please reply.

No problem Beth there is no monthly fee associated with this service unless you chose to do so. I am just a tech on the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just been talking to customer service and they assure me that I have paid for a service and that I have not signed up for a monthly service fee, so having that all sorted out and having paid for this service I ask you now to go ahead with answering my question and I apologize for any misunderstanding. Thanking you Beth Carseldine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advise - I did know however that the pump was blocked as it told me on the machine. I was able to drain the pump and unlock the door which was great. If it needs to be unblocked properly I still need a technician, but at least I have got the clothes out. Thank you.

No problem, what state are you in or a zip code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lie in Queensland Australia and my postcode is 4055.