Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG washer And it keeps giving us an Error De

Customer Question

hi i have an LG washer
And it keeps giving us an Error De
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Error "de" means you have a door latch error. If the door is definitely shut, the latch assembly will need to be ordered and replaced. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Now the number you have listed isn't a good model number unfortunately. You'll need the correct model located on a sticker just inside the door way to look up the part number for the latch that you need to order for your model number.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.