Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag front loader f28.

Customer Question

Maytag front loader f28.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The F28 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.