John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Maytag Bravos 400 Steam dryer. Average load (30% filled) is

Customer Question

Maytag Bravos 400 Steam dryer. Average load (30% filled) is damp for almost 2 hours. After opening the unit up, I found the blower motor fan is properly connected and working. There's heat, but an hour into the drying cycle, there are still droplets of water inside of the door around the drum rim and lint trap. Since the blower motor is properly connected and blowing into the drum, and the lint has all been cleanly vacuumed out of the housing, I'm wondering if the problem might be a glitch with the steam component - could it be that the steam is continually on no matter which cycle it is in?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. To dry the clothes the dryer must heat, tumble and move air. In most cases the problem is poor air flow. Can you get to where the vent exhausts the hose? Check how much air is coming out. It should be almost the same as at the back of the dryer. The problem very likely is the vent in the house. To test the possibility of the steam portion of the dryer you can shut off the water behind the washer and dryer and run a load but I don't think it will be the problem. Let me know what you find so I can continue to help if needed.

Do you still need help?