Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Old 1950's wedgewood stove. How do I relight the pilot

Customer Question

old 1950's wedgewood stove. How do I relight the pilot light? it does have a red reset button.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

you just relight the pilot follow the line and you will see a thermal coupling in front of the pilot lite. Little bar that sticks up in front of the pilot light. anyhow you just light the pilot there. If that thermal coupling is bad the pilot will not light. So you will need remove and find one to replace it. If the pilot does light then you press and hold the red button for a few seconds and gently release and this will allow the oven to work again.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.