Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a double GE Electric Oven Model 326B1230P001. Neither

Customer Question

John, I have a double GE Electric Oven Model 326B1230P001. Neither over will not allow a temperature of 300 or higher to be set in bake or convection. When set at 290 the ovens both work but the temperature is way higher than 300. Also the temperature probe can not be set to operate. Sounds like the control board has failed. Any thoughts? John B
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you're on the right track. Remove each connection on the board one at a time and plug it back it. If that doesn't work, the control would need to be replaced because it's shorted.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for a more detailed answer. A short is a catchall answer. If I had the test equipment and the circuit diagram I would trouble shoot the board. The control panel costs about as much as a low end range and stove & I do not want to replace it if this does not fix the problem.

Hi, the board or a loose connection are the only things that cause this. Double check the connections on the board. If the connections are tight, unfortunately the board needs to be replaced.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you