Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Bravos Model MVWB300WQ1 will not wash or run--just

Customer Question

Maytag Bravos Model MVWB300WQ1 will not wash or run--just buzzes when turned on. What's the problem--this is fairly new washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If it's just buzzing it could be in a 30 minute flood sequence in which the drain pump will run for 30 minutes straight if you leave it plugged in just in case the washer is flooding. This occurs when the washer fills too slowly and then the washer goes into flood mode and does nothing but drains for 30 minutes just in case it's not reading the water level properly and it's going to flood your house. Just plug the washer in and wait 30 minutes to see what happens. If the buzzing doesn't stop, then either something is jamming the drain pump or your control board is bad. You'll need to remove the drain pump and look for a blockage to start. Below is a link to a video and a link to the part which shows you how to remove the pump----of course you do need to drain out as much water as you can before removing the pump because any remaining water will come flooding out when you remove the pump.

CLICK HERE for drain pump and video

Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model if you end up needing it. The sensor is built into the board.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK--I've turned it on and will wait 30 minutes to see what happens. How would I know if it's the drain pump or the control board??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the pump and you find nothing inside but draining all the water allows the washer to work like normal again---you need the pump. If it still does nothing but hum, you have a bad control board.