Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am researching the following appliance manufacturers:

Customer Question

I am researching the following appliance manufacturers: Viking, Wolf/Sub Zero, and Thermadore. If I were to buy all my appliances from one of these which in your opinion should I choose? Looking for reputation, repair reports, and pricing.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please give details for every manufacturer
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Well I am not sure what exact details you are looking for, but you should purchase the WOLF/SUBZERO products. They are made in Wisconsin and every unit is hand inspected and tested before leaving the production facility. Further it is a sole owned company still very personal and has excellent service and reliability.

Thermador is part of BSH Home Appliances Corporation, a fully owned subsidiary of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH. Basically Thermador, Bosch, Gaggenau are all very similar. They have not been very reliable nor have a good reputation for parts or service. You will find it hard to get them serviced and repaired when they do go down. I would not recommend them.

Viking Headquartered on historic Cotton Row in downtown Greenwood, Mississippi, Viking Range employs more than 1,000 people at four manufacturing facilities in Leflore County. In 2013, the Middleby Corporation acquired Viking Range Corporation.

Viking product is generally overrated and overpriced. I work on them a lot. Dependability is an issue, they use a lot of subgrade parts in there units and parts and service are hard to come by for Viking as well.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks