Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My sears ice maker does not dump all of the ice. It then

Customer Question

my sears ice maker does not dump all of the ice . It then will make thumping noise about 10 times and stops until the next dump cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Try to thaw out the icemaker with a hair dryer in case there is some ice jamming up the icemaker from rotating. If that doesn't solve the issue or the problem comes back, your icemaker is just beginning to fail and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the icemaker you'll need to order for your model number. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. The big downside is that this icemaker is about $200 and I will worn you that it is probably the most common part to fail on your refrigerator so if you have this refrigerator for another 5-10 years you'll likely need to replace it again in that time.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your answer. Heck I could have made that assumption.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm glad I could confirm what assumption you had made---but I can't control the way your appliance fails.