Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have GE side-by-side problems: There is rust just below

Customer Question

I have GE side-by-side problems: There is rust just below the ice maker and it is
sliding down the door. Also, the water will not come out, both the ice selections
give you some of each, but not what you want. The light in the door does not work.
Can you please help me? Jean ***, [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the water issue is due to a frozen line in the freezer door. Unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open for 12 hours and see if the water then works. As for the ice, the ice bin is broken in the chute area and will need to be replaced, available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The rusting will require door replacement or touch up paint. What color is your door?