Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a GE Hydrowave washer that will not agitate or spin.

Customer Question

I have a GE Hydrowave washer that will not agitate or spin. I checked the lid switch and belt are OK, and the motor and big pulley turn easily with no problems. The motor LED was flashing 6 flashes, so I replaced the motor with a new motor. Once the new motor was in, the motor flashed the 1 second on/off normal/ok code, but would still not spin or agitate. Someone (on a blog site) then told me to run the field test, which I did. Everything looked normal in positions 0 through 3, but there were problems after that.
In position 0, all lights were on
In position 1 the Soak, Rinse and Spin lights were on
In position 2 and 3, no lights were on.
In position 4, no lights came on, and the hot water did not come on
In position 5, only the rinse light was on, and the hot water turned on
In position 6, only the wash light was on, and the cold water turned on and no agitation happened
In position 7, only the soak light was on, and no agitation happened
In position 8, only the fill ligh
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the motor was replaced and you now have a normal flash pattern on the diagnostic board, the main electronic control is likely faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your web site truncated my question. I have already replaced the control board too, so your answer doesn't help me.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

You need to check with a volt meter set to read AC volts on the six pin connector on the motor / inverter for 115 volts from pins 5 and 6 , red/black wire and grey wire to pin 3 , the white/red wire.