Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Kenmore 800 that is not draining completely after

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 800 that is not draining completely after the rinse cycle. Top Loading. There is about 2 inches of water and the clothes are quite wet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, a restriction in the drain line, restriction inside the pump housing, a failing drain pump motor, or the drain line is to far down the standpipe in the wall. One of those will be the issue. Make sure the drain hose is only 8"-12" down the standpipe it will create a siphon if it's to far down. The drain motor on some of these fail often and they run but don't pump. I suspect a standpipe or drain pump issue based on what I know about these machines. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I ran the machine through the cycle with your advice in mind. I found that the machine is going to through the entirety of the cycle normally until the last 30 second. Rinse water is running into the machine at the conclusion of the spin cycle. Then the machine concludes the cycle without spinning or draining again.

The control is sending power to the valve when it should not be then. You have a bad control. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you