MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

The ON/OFF lights on my Bosch dishwasher stopped working. I

Customer Question

The ON/OFF lights on my Bosch dishwasher stopped working. I know it's not a fuse at this point. Any troubleshooting tips? The model is SHX46A05UC ...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

As long as you have power to the unit then the control board has failed, so you need to replace it. Part#00488428. It's in the console and has the display on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, that's not what it was. I fixed the problem by pulling out the dishwasher and giggling the wires and then it came back on. It seems like there's a loose wire and I'll have an electrician come out. I'm sorry but I don't want to pay for the answer (as it turned out to be wrong), if that's okay?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

That's fine, but to be perfectly fair I did say "as long as you have power to the dishwasher" so I WAS corrrect in what I said. I did not say the control was bad with no other option.

There is clearly a loose connection where that electrical connection is made to the unit based on your reply.