Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Dacor Gas Cooktop #SGM3655- Removing the top to access the

Customer Question

Dacor Gas Cooktop #SGM3655- Removing the top to access the Ignitor module. The top has no clips or screws holding it on, and to remove it will require removing the "burner rings" but they have a ignitor built into the base of each one? They seem sensitive, how are they removed without snapping them of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. You will need Dacor burner tool part number 86007C. This tool goes in the center of the burner and fits in the slots on each side of the venturi ring. Once positioned, you can push down on the cooktop a little with your hand while turning the tool to remove the venturi nut part number 86405 (for reference). You will need to remove the nuts on all burners and then the burners will pull off.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.