John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My oven is about 50 degrees lower than the temp needed.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Please provide a model number for your range so I can address your issue correctly. The model number is ***** the frame of the range visible once the pan drawer is open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the photo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You there?

To calibrate the oven press and hold bake for 5 seconds until the display shows 00 (assuming it has not been calibrated before). Press temp up or down arrow keys to increase or decrease the temperature. You can adjust in 10 degree F increments between +30 or -30. Once calibrated press enter.

I noticed the oven is off 50 degrees. So if turning the temp up doesn't raise the temp enough, you can test the oven sensor. The ohms reading of the sensor should be approximately 1080 ohms at room temperature. Also make sure all connections are good from the control to the sensor and make sure the wires are not damaged. If all checks out you will need to replace the control.

UNPLUG THE UNIT PRIOR TO TESTING. DO NOT TEST ELECTRICAL CURCUITS UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING SO. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Control part number white(###) ###-#### Sensor part number W10181986