MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I tried to self-clean oven yesterday. It never started

Customer Question

I tried to self-clean oven yesterday. It never started cleaning, it made weird noises and beeped and flashed F9 code. I cancelled cleaning and now the door will not unlock. How can I manually unlock door. I do not care about cleaning feature.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The latch motor has probably failed. You can try using a coat hanger to grab the hook that catches the door and pull it to the left. The only way the oven will work again is to get the latch replaced or to wire the switches on it so the oven control sees that the latch is in the unlocked position. IF you cannot get the door open as mentioned then the whole top will need to come off to access the latch assembly, but that will need to be done anyway as that is the only way to access it.