Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

What is error code H97 on Panasonic model NN-SD297

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the error code indicates a high voltage component failure usually the inverter board. The inverter board is basically the high voltage capacitor. The board on these and other brands that use the Panasonic name have this issue. The mag could be faulty but 99% of the time the inverter is. A microwave can hold lethal voltage even unplugged. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** fix it or replace it?

It's going to cost over half of a new one to fix it. If it was mine, I would invest that money into a new unit. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you