John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I replaced the water filter in my ge profile refrigerator

Customer Question

I replaced the water filter in my ge profile refrigerator with a bypass plug should the ice maker work with the bypass in?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be happy to answer your question. Yes the icemaker will work with the bypass pug installed. Check the icemaker for a jam. Ice may be stuck between the tines. Also make sure the fill tube that fills the icemaker located behind the icemaker inside the freezer is not frozen shut. Check the position of the icemaker shut-off arm. It should be out. Also try unplugging your refrigerator for 5 minutes and plugging it back in to reset the board.

Here is a video that will help you out. Your icemaker may not have a green light the test is the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65i37RmnF0