Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a maytag refrigerator model #MFD2560HES, SER#

Customer Question

Hello, i have a maytag refrigerator model #MFD2560HES , SER# ***** The freezer section works fine but the upper part of the fridge is not cooling... what could it be thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. It sounds like the refrigerator damper is bad or frozen shut. In the rear back of the refrigerator section you will see the semicircle area where the air comes out from the freezer. Use a small screwdriver to pry up on the bottom of the center part with the slots and pull it off. With the louver removed you will see two screws down a long slot. After removing the screw you can pull off the air door housing. Now you will see the air door and it is released by pushing out on the tabs one on each side. Disconnect the wiring and replace it. Until the air door comes you could prop the door open part way but food might freeze since there is no way to regulate temperature without a good door. Let me know what you find.

Have you been able to do what I suggested? Do you still need help?