Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Dishwasher model#wdf510pays6 lights up to prepare to run,

Customer Question

Dishwasher model#wdf510pays6 lights up to prepare to run , but nothing happens. Can hear at first what sounds like filling with water, but quickly stops. Lights still on but not cleaning.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, check the motor connection. I've seen a loose motor connection cause this. You will have to slide the machine out to make sure the molex connector on the motor is snug. If the connection is tight, you will need to replace the board because it's shorted. We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you