Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I'm receiving a "C I" error on my Whirlpool Calypso washing

Customer Question

I'm receiving a "C I" error on my Whirlpool Calypso washing machine. I removed articles of clothing from the washer to lighten the load, but the error message still appears.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have any suggestions regarding the question I submitted?

Hi, that error is a current limit error, meaning the washer motor is drawing too many amps, hit cancel start the cycle over and if the problem persists it could be that you have some clothes stuck between the inner and outer tub causing drag if nothing is lodged between the inner and outer tub then you may have a bad motor, if you have a amp meter and a ohm/voltage meter I can help walk you through diagnosing this problem. If not you may want to call a qualified tech out to have a look.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I inspect if clothing is in between the inner and outer tube for this Whirlpool Calypso model?

well you basically have to tear the machine down and pull the tub out, you can try leaning the machine back and getting a flashlight and looking at the bottom of the tub to see if you can see anything under there.

the outer tub is plastic, so you should be able to see with a flashlight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn't an inner and outer tube for this washing machine. There are inner and outer wash plates, but it doesn't appear any clothes could ever get stuck there.

maybe another tech can be of more help.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question.

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
open the lid the model /serial tag is under the lid at the rear of the opening.

And the last tech was correct you have a plastic OUTER tube and a metal inner tub.

Your talking about the wobbling wash plate ,and he was talking about the inner stainless basket (that the wash plate moves inside and the outer plastic tub that you will not be able to see unless the take the unit apart.

The outer tub is what holds the water.

Do you still need assistance on your question?