Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a built-in convection microwave. We have had a series

Customer Question

I have a built-in convection microwave. We have had a series of power "blips" (brief outages - less than a minute in length) over the past month. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem. The microwave will work, but none of the "quick settings" such as defrost or popcorn work now. I have to do everything on manual. Any suggestions on how to get these features reset and working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

You must do this within 2 minutes.

first unplug the unit.

1. Plug in oven or connect power.
2. Enter Diagnostics Mode by pressing
CANCEL>CANCEL>START.
3. Press the “3” or “6” number keypads to check the
latest error code.
4. To clear error codes, first press CLOCK SET to enter
edit mode, then press START to accept the change.
(Clearing error is available only during Mode 1.)
5. If no failures are listed, the message “Good” will appear
on the screen.

once you have done this unplug the unit and plug back in.

if you cant get to plug to you will need to flip the breaker supplying power to the unit to turn power on and off

once you have completed the steps above and it still does not work properly you will have to replace ui board because it has failed. (User Interface Control Board).

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.