MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I thought something was wrong with the icemaker, so I turned

Customer Question

I thought something was wrong with the icemaker, so I turned off the water to it and it stayed off over a week. Ice was forming in the bottom, so we took off the rear panel, de-iced, unclogged and turned the water back on. Next morning there was much more ice in bottom and icicles coming from the bottom of the icemaker. The ice that the icemaker made overnight is very clear, hollow, fragile ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The icemaker is not filling up with enough water and that causes all sorts of problems. Your supply pressure is low or the water valve is going bad. This has a filter, so your filter may simply need replacing. It is very rare for the icemaker itself to be the cause of an underfill, so make sure that the issues I mentioned are checked.