Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a Maytag gas range model JGS8850BDS The oven controls

Customer Question

Have a Maytag gas range model JGS8850BDS The oven controls do not respond clock is on and the top burners are working. Attempted to lock and unlock no response. Number pad make sound when numbers are selected, but on the clock appears. What is the possible problems?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clock is on and is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in to reset the clock? If not try that and they only other thing that will cause that issue is a bad clock control itself. Let me know what happens.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned the power off and them back after a minute

Then your main clock control is bad, it is seeing the inputs from the touchpad as it beeps from each button pressed but something is wrong with the control.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This part that is being offered is not the right one for this range

That is the one according to the model you had listed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** has not been very productive. Will try something else

If this is your model JGS8850BDSS, that is the clock controller for it. I can only go off the info provided. Here is a link to the breakdown.

CLICK HERE