Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the Maytag Neptune washer MAH3000AWW. It is stalling

Customer Question

I have the Maytag Neptune washer MAH3000AWW. It is stalling and turning off due to the motor vibrating instead of turning. It has stopped working and then started working fine and a few loads later, the motor just vibrates and shuts off the machine. I did the ohm test on the motor board as instructed. It seemed to indicate nothing wrong with either the motor or the motor board, but it is frustrating that the motor just sits and vibrates. I decided to just replace both the motor and the motor board but when the parts came in at a local parts place they both were not the same. Is this a common problem with this machine? I purchased this machine in 2004. In 2005 the drain pump was replaced. In 2007 I replaced the main control board and the tub and the lip seal, and the wax motor for the door seal. It has preformed well until this problem.This year the door boot was all black and molded so I put a new one in. I was watching some u tube videos warning about the certain type of wax motor malfunctioning so I put in the one with a black tip like was recommended. I would like some advise on what could be the problem with this machine now. I would like some advise on what to replace next, without the extreme expense of replacing everything. The motor control board has no visual defects. the motor turns freely and the tub turns freely with no sound. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are a couple different motor controls used for this model, I suspect you may have replaced it with the incorrect one. What is the serial number on the machine, please?