Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Chas, I have a JennAir JECO 530ADB cooktop which I replaced

Customer Question

Hi Chas, I have a JennAir JECO 530ADB cooktop which I replaced the glass on. All the elements are in and secured and I have the main box and two supplementary pieces of metal ( a baffle #11-AP4425822 and a heat shield #13-AP4511432).
Like an idiot I forgot to take pictures when I disconnected the lot, and I cannot figure out where to attach these items, both hole patterns fit the fan holes so I'm not getting anywhere. Help!!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I forgot to ask about the connection between the Schott glass top and the main housing. Often in GE models, etc., there is a heat tape or foam tape of some kind between the two. Is this required for the Jenn Air? I didn't see any clear tape in the glass replacement box, only the foam tape used for instalation to reduce stress due to uneven countertops. Thx.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The link below shows the orientation of the components in the appliance. Nothing is required as far as a seal, the frame is secured to the glass at production.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I already had the information in your reply from the internet. It's the exploded parts diagram from the manual/appliance repair sites and it is not very helpful. I still don't know where the heat shield and the baffle go... I've attached 4 pictures pictures. Both the baffle and the heat shield fit the hole pattern for the fan and both are only deep enough to be mounted on the outside (production/finished side) of the housing. I'm assuming the baffle goes on the outside to muffle noise (?), so that leave me with the heat shield..., where does it go? It's the part with two tabs and only two screw holes.
Thanks, Erica
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The shield that has no sides goes on the inside of the cooktop over the fan. The other cover goes on the bottom of the cooktop to keep the fan protected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the heat shield (no sides) isn't deep enough to fit over the fan on the inside of the housing. The screw tabs are at least 1/2 too short of the housing when placed over the top of the fan. I tried it over on the wiring harness but I cannot make it fit there in any orientation either... So what is it shielding, fans and wires are the obvious choices but neither of those seem work... Any other thoughts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure in that case. I will place your question back to the list in case another has had that exact model apart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much Kelly. I do want to put the cooktop back correctly so nobody gets hurt. Have a great day.