Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch dishwasher that is one year old. Model number

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher that is one year old. Model number is *****
The issue is I get a watertap error then the aqua error.
The dishwasher will begin to fill then stop and start to circulate the water. Then the water valve will turn on again and then stop and circulate again. The third time the water valve stays on and doesn't shut off. The unit starts to beep and the watertap error comes on. Water continues to fill until it overflows and you get the aqua error.
Here's what has been done by a service co. 1. Water valve has been replaced. Water pressure is fine. There are no leaks anywhere. The drain works fine. The filter is clean. Nothing blocking pump impeller.
Service people have no clue how to fix this issue.
Are you familiar with Bosch dishwashers and this error? How does the Bosch dishwasher sense water level in the tub?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! ON this model, the water level is controlled by the timing of the water valve and a flow limiter (see the page attached). So, I suspect the issue is with the control board, the part that energizes the valve and shuts it off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. My understanding is the control board is warranted for 5 years so this should be covered by Bosch. Do you know if it's normal for this model to have three fill cycles? If the controller is turning on the water valve for a period of time how does it know any water entered the tub at all? Just assumes the tub is filled after xx seconds and starts the pump? It seems like it doesn't think the water level is enough and goes through three cycles. The third cycle it starts the pump but doesn't turn off the water valve. Seems like there should be another flow sensor somewhere. Do you know all the errors that trigger the water tap error code? If I order a control board I just want to make sure this is the root cause. I've been without a dishwasher for 2 months.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The water error is triggered by the float in the assembly on the left side of the tank. The only way the water is monitored is by time and with that float.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find any float on this model. There is no float on the inside of the tank. There is a plastic piece on the left side of the tank that allows the water to enter and drain. There is no electrical connection to this plastic module. Do you have pictures?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Number 531 in the diagram at the link below is the float. At the top of that float is a switch. When the float rises up, the red rod on top of it actuates the switch. If looking from the front. the float is left and to the middle of the base.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 531 float has nothing to do with sensing the tub fill. This float is used to sense the overflow or any leak and turns on the drain pump continuously . This gives you the aqua e15 or e24 code. I need to solve the water tap issue. If you think it's the control module I'll order one.