Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Jenn Air range (downdraft, gas burner, electric oven) will

Customer Question

Jenn Air range (downdraft, gas burner, electric oven) will not heat up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model: JDS9860AAP
Serial: 19924685EGAlso, the broiler does not heat up. There's a *click* but the element stays cold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get the model and serial numbers?
Model: JDS9860AAP
Serial: 19924685EGIf you can help me fix this, I would love to pay you for the effort. If however, you can only provide information that is already publicly available, I will be less inclined to pay since I have already read through these sites:1) http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/How-To-Fix-A-Range-Stove-Oven/11-103-563627-/Jenn-Air-Oven-won-t-heat-JDS9860AAP2) http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/b7cee5fc215040cc812d4980e631efe93) http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/37824-Jenn-air-JDS9860AAP-Oven-won-t-turn-on
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, computer went down, I am looking this up now.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Does the broil function still work on the oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I had mentioned that before. The broiler does not work
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

have you verified that you are getting 220 volts to rear of the unit yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to call a repair person nun fortunately, I don't have the time to deal with this myself. Thanks.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about that, a repair person is going to cost you over $200 plus parts to repair anything on this range.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good to know. Thanks.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

your welcome..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the site it says: "Rate 3 stars or higher to credit the expert." I don't think the help I received warrats payment. Would you agree?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Well I was willing to work with you, and even offered the complete service manual for the unit, however you decided that you did not want to continue when I asked if you got 220 volts at the unit and not only 120 volts on one leg of the unit..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I decided to call a technician after several hours of no progress and long waits between responses. You were certainly willing to help, but this approach is not for me. Sorry.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Have a nice weekend...