Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE washer that I washed a pillow in (that I had

Customer Question

Hi. I have a GE washer that I washed a pillow in (that I had washed once before with no problems). I noticed that the washer stopped in the spin with 1 second to go. Then the door wouldn't open, so I turned the power off, but it locked the door. I couldn't get the power to come back on or the door unlocked. I left it and 10 mins later, the door unlocked on it's own. I opened the door and took the pillow out, put in a new load and pressed start. The door locked but it didn't start. I tried to unlock the door, but now none of the buttons are responding.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now, after about 10 mins, I heard the washer filling with water. I went to look at it and it says "wash" but nothing is happening inside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also don't see any water in there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the washer is counting down as if it is going through the cycle, but there isn't anything happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it stopped again and unlocked the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just cleaned the pump filter. Put detergent back in and hit Start. Nothing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have a problem with the main machine control. Unplug the machine for a few hours. Any change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged it for 2 hours. Plugged back in and started a small load. The door locked and then nothing happened for 5-10 mins. Then it clicked to "Wash", I heard water going in, but nothing started moving. Then 3-5 mins later, it started making noise as if it was washing, but still nothing is moving inside. It is still making noise and numbers on the display are counting down. But again, no motion inside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was now just a switch in the noise, kind of as if it were switching gears into another mode, but nothing is moving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it just switched off. Machine says "wash", door is unlocked and start button is blinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to get this fixed tomorrow. Sounds like I will have to have someone come look at it unless you have any other ideas on what can be done remotely.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe the machine control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE