Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The machine doesn't start

Customer Question

the machine doesn't start
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water intake valve button is lit up. I have already turned off power from the breaker switch. I have also already cleared the filter basket. I have started up in Mode 1 and Mode 2. The machine begins the cycle by draining and then about 10 seconds into the process cuts off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That light goes on if one of the three conditions exist.

• Water unable to drain
  • Water not filling correctly
  • Wash recirculation pressure too low (plugged filters, faulty pressure switch, etc)

Do you hear the water inlet valve humming or buzzing under the sink before it displays the error? Does all of the water drain out? Has the filter area been cleaned out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly,
Yes, the water drains out completely. The machine runs for approximately 20-30 seconds and then as water should come in to the machine (intake) it stops and the red light begins to flash.
Fred
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the filter is clean.
I don't hear humming, but can listen more closely.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the water inlet valve may be faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water intake valve? Is that something that can be fixed remotely or does it require a part/technician?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The valve is in the hose under the sink, part of what Miele calls the Waterproof System. It will require a part and the dishwasher to be pulled out to be installed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and thanks. I will contact a technician.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!