Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

In a GE CV936 GE range hood I have the WB38X10056 blower

Customer Question

In a GE CV936 GE range hood I have the WB38X10056 blower rotated down but how do you unhook the blower from the 3 motor hooks? For install, the manual says "align and engage the slots in the blower assembly to the 3 motor hooks". Whats the trick to uninstall?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I believe the blower assembly slides to disengage the mounting slots. The breakdown for that model is below. Does it slide at all?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does not slide at all, it only rotates up and down. There is a slight "give" (but no release) when I tried sliding left, right, out and up. Logically I would expect that it would simply lift up and off the 3 motor hooks. Am guessing there is some lock added but not documented in the user guide but I cannot see up in the space. I saw the breakdown already but it does not help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure, I will open your question for others to see in case another has first hand experience with that exact model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks