Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a kenmore oven .model #c970648122 .the oven elements

Customer Question

have a kenmore oven .model #c970648122 .the oven elements won't heat.it has been established service breakers are good and elements are good.stove top works fine and all controls on panel seem to operate properly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Either you have a bad high limit thermostat or your control board is bad if none of the elements inside the oven will heat but the cooktop burners still work. You'll need to pull the oven out, remove the back sheet metal panel, and look for the 1" round device with 2 wires going to it mounted behind the oven cavity. Test continuity through this part and if it doesn't have continuity, replace it---otherwise order and replace the main relay control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.