Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm in the process of replacing the circulation pump in my

Customer Question

Hi Kelly- I'm in the process of replacing the circulation pump in my Bosch dishwasher, model SHX46A05UC/23. I've been using repairclinc.com. I'm to the point of putting the unit back together & I found 2 separate GNY wires with a crimped end that could be connected to a tab. I'm totally amateur at reading a wiring diagram, but I know one of the green wires attaches to a motor. The other attaches to the hinge plate. Could it be that this crimped connection of 2 GNY wires doesn't have an attachment point?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture and use the paper clip button over top of the text box to attach the picture so I can see exactly what wires you're talking about? You will need to be on Google Chrome in order to use the paper clip option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to take a picture, but I'm not sure how to do it. I am using Chrome.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure I can help without a picture so hopefully you know how to take a picture on your phone and upload it to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that. Just don't know how to get it to you. Can I text it to you or do you have an email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh never mind! I see how to add files. Just a minute...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope this helps...as I said, one of the wires is attached to the hinge plate & the other is attached to a motor. They are joined & crimped together as shown in this pic.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, the picture didn't come through, it's just a blank white page. Can you try one more time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if this doesn't work is there another option?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, that didn't work still. You can upload to Flickr.com if you have an account, it's free. Then you can send me link. Or I can send you an option to send me it by phone but the problem is there is no way to send that option without a $5 additional charge. I'll send the option in case that is what you want to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
try try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, I have to step out. So what happens as a result?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect, that worked. That wire definitely does connect somewhere. It connects to the heater toward the back of the sump assembly. This grounds out the heater. Attached is a picture of where it attaches.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find that & I don't have time to continue. How can I get back in touch with you to complete this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me say where I think that picture refers already has green wire attachment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, gotta go!! leave me a message on how to continue this please. thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can't find that? It's toward the back of the unit by the heater. Either way you reply right back here like you're doing now to continue later.