Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I tried to self clean my Sears Kenmore electric double oven

Customer Question

I tried to self clean my Sears Kenmore electric double oven range and am trying to self clean the oven. I followed the directions and get an error 90 and then it stops. It also has my range top locked and I need to unlock it if I can't clean my oven or tell me how to self clean my oven.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

F90 means that your door latch has failed and the door isn't locking properly. That is why the cooktop won't work as well since the latch thinks it's stuck between the locked and unlock position. Try to open the door and wiggle the little latch hook. Flip the breaker off or unplug the oven for 60 seconds. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to replace the door latch before you can use the oven again I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.