Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dacor ventilation fan will not stay up. It retracts

Customer Question

My dacor ventilation fan will not stay up. It retracts immediately.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the vent retracts immediately after you tell it to raise, it means that your limit switch which tells the vent when it's in the up position isn't triggering or the switch is bad. This is quite a bit of work especially depending on how the venting is run to the downdraft but you'll need to go below the cooktop and remove the entire front sheet metal panel of the downdraft so that you can see the lift motor. Behind that motor are 2 micro switches. Sometimes the lever arm attached to the motor gets loose and needs to be re-installed so it hits the switches properly, but if the arm isn't an issue, replace those micro switches.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that you already accessed my account for $28.00 as payment for your answer to my question. I feel that the charge was excessive for the amount of work that was done on my behalf. If I would have received detailed information in other words a diagram showing me how to repair this appliance, I would not be writing this letter. As of now, I have called an appliance technician to repair my stovetop.