Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

New element and new thermostat dryer is running but still

Customer Question

New element and new thermostat dryer is running but still not heating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

could you give me the model number of the dryer, and did you replace the high limit thermostat? the cycling thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have a bosch nexxt premium dryer. It stopped heating and I purchased a new heating element, which i believe has the thermostat on the new one. ( has the reset button on it) I put it on and it still doesn't heat. The dryer turns and everything else seems to be working but no heat. I check the connections on the new element but I still have no heat...

you need to replace the thermistor its only thing left you have not

if its bad it wont heat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new heating element in.. brand new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the thermistor located?

ya that was not the problem unfortunatley and one sec I have a video stored that will show that info, tell you exactly how to get to it and so on give me one sec let me dig it up for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What caused this to go out?

also in the middle of a bad thunderstorm here so If i disappear I lost electricity but I will be back asap hopefully I dont.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it is blowing air out the back...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck finding the video ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I am reading online I can buy pass this. I know it's not recommended but I would just make sure I didn't run the dryer on high heat and do a few tests while it's running verify the heat is not too hot. Is it possible to bypass the thermistor ?

Im still trying to find the video cant seem to locate it, I must ask you have you tested the voltage coming into the dryer? you must have 220 volts, if only one leg is sending voltage, you may be only getting 110v which will run the motor but not the element

usually a bad if the thermistor is bad it will just cut off and not run

also there should be another thermostat on the element housing it should have continuity as well

if not then its bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heating element came with the thermostat on the housing. Its new. It does not cut off and on. It runs just fine, completely normal.

have you verified 220 volts to the dryer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The terminal on left side is a little crispy would that be enough to cause the element to not work ?

do you mean black and burned looking as in crispy?

you need to verify you are getting 220 volts to the dryer first off, it will run with 110 volts but not enough voltage for heating element to work. put your meter on ac volts put one lead where the dryer cord attaches to dryer on the far left terminal and the other on the far right and your meter should read 220 volts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's 220.

you have verified its actually getting 220 volts with a voltage meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is somewhat burnt, going to splice the wire and see if that fixes.

umm i would not splice that ..... I would go purchase a new cord and that very well could be the problem it looks bad.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill buy a new cord, I just want to see if this fixes it before I shell out more money. So if the cord isn't the problem what is the other problem?

the problem is you are not getting 220 volts because of that bad connection on the left, you also need to see about getting that terminal block fixed properly the part your cord screws into should be secured to the terminal block, you can purchase a new terminal block at any appliance parts store.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to rate you but the stars are faded out. Thank you for the help, 5 stars all the way. Please forward this to this site manager. I want to make sure you get paid. Thank you again for your help. I figured out the problem.

Hey sorry I never hit the button that I was ready to be rated so it wont show up on your end if I don't. That was my fault. Thank you very much, you should be able to rate me now. I am glad you got it fixed.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.