Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a KitchenAid Ice Maker Model KUIC15 PLTS0 that I'm

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid Ice Maker Model KUIC15 PLTS0 that I'm having trouble putting back together. Took it apart a couple of weeks ago and now I can't remember where the water fill tube connects and how the reservoir pump tube is installed (pointing up or to the side or does it connect to anything). It's not making ice and the reservoir pump is dumping the water out of the reservoir.
any help would be appreciated,
Scott
Birmingham, AL
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you could take a picture of how you have it all installed at this point I can better explain how the hoses are connected. There is a paper clip above the text box you can use to attach the pictures.

That being said, the drain hose below the reservoir just goes straight down into the drain hole at the bottom of the ice bin. There is another hose coming from the circulation pump inside the reservoir which goes up to the water feed above the chill plate at the back so that when the circulation pump is running it pushes water up to that feed pipe and water runs across the chill plate.