John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore elite oasis washing machine that won't

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore elite oasis washing machine that won't rinse. It goes from wash to spin and then shut off and the OL code appears, even with small loads. It doesn't seem to be going through the rinse and spin cycles. If I start over, without soap, the same thing happens. If I select the drain and spin button, it drains and spins ok, just doesn't go through rinse
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The OL error code is for overload/ out of balance

This can be something as simple as having an article of clothing between the inner and outer tubs.

How handy are you?

Do you think you would be able to remove the inner baskets if I sent you a video with the removal of the tub in the video

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I consider myself pretty handy. The OL code appears whether the washer is empty or full. It appears after the machine washes and spins, it doesn't rinse and spin again. I do think that I could tear the appliance down.

ok in this video it shows you how to open the washers top panel and remove the inner basket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUltDBKLU3I

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My model has an agitator, not impeller. I have the top open and the ring from the top of the drum, but can't get the agitator out to remove the drum.

remove the top of the agitator ,remove the cap inside the agitator and remove the 7/16 bolt then the agitator lifts right out of the washer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the agitator out, but drum won't lift out. Looks like a gear (which slides off) and a spanner nut underneath. Should the drum just lift off?

did you remove the hub with the four bolts on it?

item #8

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0802028-00003.png

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the hub (actually had 6 screws) and it still won't lift out, even with moderate lifting.

try wobbling it from side to side ,if it is stuck that could be the reason you're getting the code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I applied upward pressure on the drum while my wife slightly tapped the shaft with a rubber mallet and it didn't budge. Think its time for a new one!

all that 9is holding it is just friction , again try wiggling it back and forth from side to side.