John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My 2 yr old Kenmore eilite refridgerator is not cooling. The

Customer Question

My 2 yr old Kenmore eilite refridgerator is not cooling. The repair man from sears replaced the thermostat & sensor 1 year ago. The problem at that time ,as it was from when I originally purchased it, was that we had to set it at the lowest settings to get it to cool properly. He said he couldn't find anything wrong at the time, but replaced those items anyway..Now just recently, it had quit cooling totally up top, and the freezer below was not cooling enough to freeze. Another repairman, not sears, came and saw there was frost built up in the back of the freezer. We removed that, and waited overnight, but still no difference. He then replaced the evaporator fan and checked the condenser fan yesterday, but still not cooling today. We have cleaned the coils also, which were not too bad. We are at our wits end as to what may be the problem. The condensor is running all the time, and of course the ice maker is not producing ice. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you remove the back panel in the freezer to check the frost pattern on the evaporator?