Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I had a power outage and now my refrigerator has a blinking

Customer Question

I had a power outage and now my refrigerator has a blinking blue light, third light on right side, how do I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in repsonses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Press and Hold POWER FREEZE and POWER COOL BUTTONS at the same time for 5-8 secs all lights should light up and the unit should reset. Let me know what happens.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened, third light still blinking

Is it displaying an 88?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's just a blinking blue line, no numbers, third line from bottom on the right side

When you say third line from the bottom which segment on the 88 display is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, it started working again, guess it needed time to reset itself

OK sounds good if you need anything else let me know.