Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Is there a door nge or door stop that can keep my right side

Customer Question

Is there a door hinge or door stop that can keep my right side door from opening too far and hitting the adjacent cabinet? Model is KRSC503ESS00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This model already has a door stop on it to stop it from opening more then 120 degrees. It has to open at least to the 120 degree mark in order to get the bins and crispers open fully.

If your needing it to not open less the that the manufacture does not make anything to stop it at a lesser degree.

I would suggest putting some type if pad or buffer on the cabinet to keep from damaging the kitchen cabinets.

But to answer your question NO the refrigerator manufacture does not have anything to stop it.

it sounds as if the kitchen cabinet designer did not think things through if this is a new home/ kitchen.

If you have any questions just reply back .